ESFA SAP Coaching Opportunities
Published: 7/09/2017 12:05:00 PM
ESFA is seeking expressions of interest from coaches to lead our ESFA teams and talented young players in the FNSW Girls and Mixed Skills Acquisition Program 2017/2018.
ESFA COACHING GOALS
- Develop and enhance the technical level of all players
- Develop game play and awareness based on skill, understanding and 'game cleverness'
- Learn and play without negative pressure and enjoy the game (experience)
- Ensure all of the above in training and on game day
- Minimum C Licence Youth [if you do not have a C-Licence at present, you may be considered and we will assist you in attaining this qualification]
Coaching / playing experience
- Outline of playing and/or coaching experience
- Reference(s) from previous coaching engagements
- Profile of coaching history
- Knowledge of FFA national curriculum content
Personal qualities / characteristics / knowledge
- Personal vision, philosophy about football (inc. National Curriculum) consistent with the aims of ESFA programs
- Compatibility with developmental goals
- Interest in players, understanding that they are the key actors
- Positive approach to young players (relating to players)
- Self-control (calm, stable, composed)
- Capacity to improve (self-others)
- Open-minded (listens to others)
- Honest and fair with everybody
- Displays 'passion' for football and coaching
Pre-season training begins early February, so interested coaches are encouraged to send through an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing their coaching history and qualifications.
Applicants must also provide a Working With Children number to be eligible for consideration - see this Football NSW Guide.
ESFA has a long and proud history of football development with many players from ESFA programs now gracing FNSW institute programs and state and national teams.